🇳🇬 Nigerian by blood. 🇺🇸 American by birth.
Every man has a code and mine begins with self-awareness. I get energized by big, bold, exciting, and maybe even slightly scary missions that give teams purpose. Defining and living into the work ahead is hard to do. People are invaluable to getting the job done. Having a great team and leveraging the collective expertise of the crowd is the antidote to that difficulty. Honestly, I believe, there’s nothing stronger than the power of the human spirit in community.
Versatile, flexible, and tack sharp with a heart that bends towards people and creative partnerships.
I work towards embodying the values of an active listener, passionate partner, and brand steward day in and day out for my agency and clients. Culture and developing an understanding of the patterns we use to make meaning underpins all of my work.
At the onset of the pandemic, I transitioned to Carmichael Lynch—an ad agency with a 60-year legacy in Minneapolis and a penchant for unfair ideas. As an Account Supervisor, I managed a team of three who worked on Subaru—named one of the top 10 brands consumers love on the inaugural Forbes Halo 100 list. With a strong team chemistry and client relationships, we accomplished a lot, but here are a few I’d like to name:
- Facilitated and supported the development of over 650+ digital banners to target specific sedan and SUV consumer segments with model-year ’21 and ’22 Subaru carlines in OLA. These assets delivered programmatically were paired with digital video and paid social to support each carline campaign marketing message.
- Partnered with Subaru of America’s brand equity team to launch CSR campaigns on Subaru.com like Feeding America and National Make A Dog’s Day.
- Led an Employee Resource Group (ERG) as Co-Chair of MOSAIC and led our 2021 Black History Month programming which received 100+ employee attendance per event.
- Received the distinction(s) of Carmichael Lynch’s 2021 Humanitarian of the Year and OMMA award winner for work completed on an SEM campaign.
Pre-pandemic, I was a Project Manager for two years working at The On Being Project facilitating and guiding strategic initiatives at the intersection of emerging and established across many platforms. During that time, I had the opportunity to co-direct the organization’s first diversity and inclusion program called “The Placemaking Initiative.” Partnered with many leaders to expand their content strategy and create media that supports engagement with a newly formed Community & Design team. On that team I:
- Launched the reimagined onbeing.org in January of 2019 (partnering with Upstatement) that receives over 12 million page views per year.
- Built out multiple new digital modules and capabilities to support their editorial strategy—like Starting Points and Libraries.
- Co-organized their first two-day intercultural competence retreat in partnership with Team Dynamics.
- Onboarded and co-led the integration of NationBuilder. Software for leaders powering community insights which led to the implementation of international donations, tax donation acknowledgment letters, and weekly email marketing campaigns for their flagship podcast—On Being with Krista Tippett and This Movie Changed Me hosted by Liliana Maria Percy Ruiz.
- Revitalized their YouTube channel. Increasing its subscribers from 3,000 to 11,000 (up 200%) in 6 months.
- Led the migration of multiple legacy RSS feeds from a self-hosted solution to the industry-leading publishing, distribution, analytics, and sharing tools platform—Simplecast.
The transition to exploring audio, what it means to be human, and podcasting with The On Being Project came after my time working at Fallon—an iconic full-service advertising agency that holds a distinct history. At Fallon, I worked on many brand initiatives like helping Culligan Water debut their first national brand campaign during the 2018 75th Golden Globe Awards, sustain success with Arby’s and their “We Have The Meats” campaign, brought H&R Block back to the Super Bowl in 2017, launched Fanatics “Love Never Loses” campaign in 2016, and went to the heart of North Minneapolis to surface stories untold with Northside Achievement Zone.
In my hours out of the office, I even make time to run a small photography business focused on weddings, events, and portraits.
I studied at the University of Minnesota—Twin Cities and I’m always leaving room for improvement to take ownership of my education in pursuit of what’s best next. While I’m not very active on social, you can find me on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Non-Profit Board Experience
2011 – 2015 | International Collegiate Member at Large & International 2nd Vice President
Elected to an international position serving on the highest level of the fraternity—the General Board. Undergraduate chairman and thought leader guiding and influencing the direction for all collegiate members worldwide.
Where I’m Involved
The University of Minnesota—Twin Cities | Keynote Speaker
2017 – 2019 OLPD Professions and Practice Course Speaker
2017 Tony Diggs Awards | Keynote Speaker
2016 9th Annual Equity & Diversity Breakfast
2016 Special Reception for African-American Students
2015 Experience Minnesota
2014 Freshman Orientation – Class of 2018 Convocation Address
Jack and Jill of America, Inc. — Rites of Passage
2015 – 2020 Stepmaster (Choreographer)
In every good endeavor, there is profit.
Want to connect? Drop a line or two and fill out this form.